• Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Offline Heller

• Clan - ClaN!
  • SA:MP: ClaN_Heller
The New system for Groups[Suggest Your Ideas]
« on: 17 August 2017, 13:22:02 »
The group system

The most recent feature that I have worked upon is now in full effect, here you will find some important information regarding the feature, If interested in leading a group then please continue reading. The feature is an extension of the previously built in squad system which offered its users to have squads, earn squad bonus or even create their own team/army to capture and hold off bases. With this extension, you will only need to ask a manager to create a group for you and you're all set. /gHelp is the next thing you should do. Now i shall discuss some of the features.

Basic group - featuring

*Invite/Kick players to/from the group(permission level 3 is required for the sub members)
*Group Chat system. (/gm)
*Group Information. /groupinfo)
*Group Members. /grouplist
*Active groups, which have at least 1 member online. (/groups)
*Promote Members. (/gpromote)

Permission system
*The system is basic so far. Players can join a particular group and be promoted by the leaders or else by the senior members. There are 5 ranks so far, rank one is the member, two for the veteran, three for the manager, four for co leader and the last fifth rank is the leader. Each has a certain permission(which is not dynamic but will be in the future) to act upon their roles.

Group Control panel
This is perhaps the most important feature of the group system. A fully interactive control panel is indeed the dream come true for many leaders.
Here are some features.
*Change group name.(level 5 permission required)
*Change group color.(level 4)
*Exchange group credits for money. (1 credit = 1000$) you can deposit or withdraw from group using this feature. (-) is for deposition. (level 4)
*Purchase permanent objects using group resources.(level 4)
*Purchase perks using skill points.
*many more small stuff.
*Purchase group vehicles.(can only be driven by the group members, must be in the army mode)

Perk system
I have added 2 perks so far, and these are as follows.
*Squad bonus perk. Upto level 5. (upgrade cost = levelx1 skillpoints) It allows the group members in the same team to earn money through each other's kill.
*Group Bonus perk. (upgrade cost = level*5 skillpoints). It allows the group to earn scores upon player's kill.

Note: you will need skill points to purchase these perks.

Group leveling and skillpoint system

The group leveling system is quite simple and also leveled friendly for the beginners but it will progressively become difficult as your group levelups more and more. In simple words, your group will need more scores to levelup as it's level grows. Group is awarded 1 skillpoint for each level up so make sure to spend them wisely. More work will be done on this feature.

How to earn scores, credits and resources?

Simple, you earn scores for your group by capturing bases, gaining kill streaks, or simply by killing your enemies(group must unlock the specific skill for that).

To earn credits and resources you must first /CreateArmy for your group and then simply.. caprure the damn bases. (a timer automatically awards active groups with credits and resources). Note: resources are alot harder to earn than the credits.

Important Note: Your group must have the active status before it even get to earn credits and resources. For that, at least 1 group member is required to be online and be playing in the team deathmatch mode.

Future plans

For the future, i am planning to integrate this system into the A/D war mode. For clan wars.
The following two informations will be added in /groupinfo for that. Clan war wins, and losses.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2017, 13:15:36 by Heller »

Offline James

• ETERNITY
Re: The New system for Groups[Suggest Your Ideas]
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2017, 18:25:34 »
Really great work, i have to say I'm impressed!
It will take an Eternity for you to take me down

Offline Supernal

• I am the supernal caretaker!
    • A  Referal Link (Earn Money)
  • SA:MP: Supernal
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2017, 03:23:34 »
Call the "official groups" what it is. "VIP group".
Such title can be given to groups who could perhaps be great players (low rule breaking point system), great loyal group (time on server), high scoring, etc.

Shouldn't require admins to go and set these groups VIP or anything, should be based off of stats, the numbers. 

Of-course a VIP group then gets something good and there can only be 3 at any one time.
Best Regards,
Supernal
Community Trustee.

Offline Supernal

« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2017, 03:25:54 »
As for the vehicle setting, how do you manage that when people are going around shooting you? lol.
There should be a script way to set a player pacif / god mode / hidden / ghost when he wants to set a vehicle, but with a cool down period ofc.

Shouldn't require any admins to assist players in actually setting a car. Only ever should any staff be involved if there's a bug, and hopefully if such thing occurs then it can be resolved. Do you get what I mean by less active staff interventions etc?.

Best Regards,
Supernal
Community Trustee.

Offline Supernal

« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2017, 03:28:51 »
Group uniforms.

A uniform system could be as easy as the leader setting the group members to spawn with skin id 000 with a red beret on their head or a flag sticking out of their back or something like that.
Something that will be merely aesthetic.

Body object probably not needed but it's an idea.

Similarly you could add Group Markers (Giant Red Beret?) ontop of group vehicles.

Stuff like that to show off.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2017, 03:29:37 by Supernal »
Best Regards,
Supernal
Community Trustee.

Offline Heller

• Clan - ClaN!
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2017, 06:17:54 »
As for the vehicle setting, how do you manage that when people are going around shooting you? lol.
There should be a script way to set a player pacif / god mode / hidden / ghost when he wants to set a vehicle, but with a cool down period ofc.

Shouldn't require any admins to assist players in actually setting a car. Only ever should any staff be involved if there's a bug, and hopefully if such thing occurs then it can be resolved. Do you get what I mean by less active staff interventions etc?.
This will complicate things a little but ill try to come up with a best solution,

Call the "official groups" what it is. "VIP group".
Such title can be given to groups who could perhaps be great players (low rule breaking point system), great loyal group (time on server), high scoring, etc.

Shouldn't require admins to go and set these groups VIP or anything, should be based off of stats, the numbers. 

Of-course a VIP group then gets something good and there can only be 3 at any one time.
Again this will complicate things. Building a in-game feature or alternatively allowing a admin to do it is almost the same thing. Suppose a group became "VIP" and setted up a perm base then lost it's status to some other group, wouldn't that be some kinda infinite loop for objects and stuff like that? and dealing with that would require a lot of scripting complications but otherway around, it'll also create a sense of competence among the players. Anyway, what kinda of stats are you talking about in particular ?

Edit: i have taken up some measures. Groups now have a scoring and leveling feature which also gets them some skillpoints(grouppoints) that can be spent on purchasing group perks. So far there are 5 kinds of upgradable perks. Tow of which are, SquadBonus(5 upgrades available) and GroupScore on player's kill.

The default group scoring is earned by capping bases or by getting kill streaks.

Group uniforms.

A uniform system could be as easy as the leader setting the group members to spawn with skin id 000 with a red beret on their head or a flag sticking out of their back or something like that.
Something that will be merely aesthetic.

Body object probably not needed but it's an idea.

Similarly you could add Group Markers (Giant Red Beret?) ontop of group vehicles.

Stuff like that to show off.
There is already a 3DTextLabel which indicates to player's (group/squad). Ill do the uniforms. And why the hell should i place a giant marker on top of group vehicles? xD
« Last Edit: 18 August 2017, 10:06:14 by Heller »

Offline Supernal

« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2017, 13:53:30 »
In reply to your vehicle object question. Imagine a police group coming along.

As for other response's don't feel the need to act upon my suggestion if they are too complicated at this time. I'm not losing any sleep over it, you might so :)
Best Regards,
Supernal
Community Trustee.

Offline James

• ETERNITY
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2017, 13:57:31 »
That is one hell of a badass infernus!
It will take an Eternity for you to take me down

Offline Khm

• SA:MP: ClaN_iKhm
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2017, 16:21:05 »
All we need now is proper advertisment

Offline Heller

• Clan - ClaN!
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2017, 19:41:25 »
All the basic improvements regarding the group system have been made.[Roadmap is pretty much completed]
I only need to add little bit of more interactive features in /gcp and create the last three remaining perks. Credits and resources do not have any usage yet, but these can still be earned by controlling zones[Army](Note: at least 1 group member is required to be online before the timer gives you stuff). Will be used for permanent objects and group vehicles or even more later on.

In reply to your vehicle object question. Imagine a police group coming along.

that's more of a mapper's thing.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2017, 19:43:02 by Heller »

Offline Supernal

« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2017, 21:00:33 »
All we need now is proper advertisment
Please feel free to make an advert on sa-mp.com forums for the server.
Thank-you.
Best Regards,
Supernal
Community Trustee.

Offline Khm

• SA:MP: ClaN_iKhm
« Reply #11 on: 19 August 2017, 15:14:06 »
Please feel free to make an advert on sa-mp.com forums for the server.
Thank-you.
I don't even have an account there to begin with. We need to discuss this within staff.

Offline Heller

• Clan - ClaN!
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2017, 13:15:55 »
main post updated.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

* Recent Posts

Re: [V5.2]: News And Updates. by Heller
[ 8 September 2017, 19:59:24]

Re: [V5.2]: News And Updates. by Heller
[ 6 September 2017, 15:22:51]